Monday, October 20, 2008

Update

I slept in today instead of going to class. I don't feel that terribly - our prof was just going to go over a few of our old notes for our exam next week and I've attended every other class/read every reading that we had to do. I'm feeling quite prepared for it actually.

I work another closing shift tonight. I gave my two weeks notice at my job but the manager and I sat down and talked about what's going on in my life. I told her that I was working too much and I couldn't get a handle on school/my stress levels were going up. She told me I could cut back as many hours as I want. I told her that I only want to work around 10 hours a week, and I don't want to work anything more than a 5 hour shift. I also couldn't work past 9 PM when I have school the next day. She said that was perfect. It doesn't start until the 28th though, since that was when my two weeks notice ended.

I hate having showers. Maybe because I was in the water all summer teaching swimming lessons, but water feels gross to me. I hate feeling pruney. I hate washing my hair. I love the feeling of it being washed, I like the feeling of being clean, but the actual actions of cleaning myself - not so much. I do however need to shower today before work, since there is no way I'll want to shower when I get home.

I have a french midterm tomorrow. I'm freaking nervous. Blah.

1 comment:

Joanna Eberhart said...

It sounds like you need a vacation. Perhaps we should take one together.